February 14, 2013

Visits with my Children

Lena and I are so very blessed to have three loving children who all live within 30 minutes of our home. We get to see them every week, and they each do so much to help us out in whatever way they can.

Christmas 2012
Most Sunday mornings, my daughter Sarah stays with me so that Lena can attend church services. Sarah and I listen along on the church telephone. Usually Lucas and Roman, two of my grandsons, are there as well. This gives me the chance to keep in contact with them. I treasure these times with Sarah, we listen to services together, laugh together, and cry together. Sarah also looks after my blog. Goran, her husband does ROM physio once per week for me.


Gerrit, my son, and his family, come over most Sunday evenings so that Lena can attend evening worship services. It gives me a wonderful opportunity to keep in touch with Benjamin and Aliya, two more of my grandchildren. 
Picture from Summer 2012

Picture from Spring 2012

Gerrit also takes care of any home repairs and renovations.  His dear wife, Sarah, cleans our house on a regular basis.

My daughter Joni, spends every other Sunday night helping me get to bed, and taking care of my needs through the night. She reads a chapter from Joni Eareckson-Tada's latest book on suffering. Joni also does ROM physio once per week. She takes Ella, her youngest of 5 children along. Ella sits on the stool beside me, and talks my ear off about her day. 



My son-in-law, Willem, helps us with computers, electronics, and gadgets needing repairs or adjustments. Willem is our problem solver.

What a blessing children (and grandchildren) are. (Psalm 127:3)

Jack.

 (You can click on the full screen button at the bottom right to watch it in full screen mode).
(At 0:28 seconds my dad is saying "I love you" to Lucas).

No comments:

Post a Comment