June 29, 2012

A New Wheelchair Ramp

In order to get into my backyard to enjoy the garden and patio, I have to negotiate a single step from the driveway to the sidewalk along the side of the house. My son Gerrit built a temporary ramp for me out of wood. The problem with it was that there was a risk of my wheelchair running over the 
edge of the walkway and tipping over.

After a few weeks of using the temporary ramp, and a few close calls too many, Gerrit showed up on one of the hottest days of the year to pour a concrete curb and ramp instead. Now I have the freedom to negotiate the terrain in a safe manner, to the relief of my wife Lena.




I thank God for a talented and loving son to do these things for me. My family members are all making great efforts to make my life as pleasant and comfortable as possible. It all helps to make my difficult journey more bearable.

Jack.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Brother, you are blessed with the love of family serving you as enabled. They are blessed with the opportunities to express their love and with your gracious acceptance of help. This is of the Lord Who has told us it is more blessed to give than to receive.

    ReplyDelete