April 14, 2014

Silent Lamb

A lamb, when it is chased by a predator has no defense but to run and bleat until caught. It then gives up and lies down in silence. In like manner, Jesus, the Lamb of God, was silent throughout the interviews, trials, and crucifixion. He was abandoned by His Father in heaven so that we don't need to be abandoned.

I have been silenced but I can still pray in my mind and speak through my blog, and the Lord hears and answers me. Amazing the thought that God simultaneously hears the prayers and thoughts of billions of His people and answers them all in His time and manner.

Jack

4 comments:

  1. Great to 'hear' again from you Jack.Often you're in our prayers. "And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it."1Cor.12:26
    "My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from Him.
    He only is my Rock and my Salvation: He is my Defence; I shall not be moved.
    In God is my salvation and my glory: the Rock of my strength, and my Refuge, is in God.
    Trust in Him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before Him: God is a Refuge for us! Selah" Ps.62:6-8 Verbonden in Christus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack I have been blessed with all your writings, you teach us that through our problems we must praise God



    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so true! Blessed be His Name forever and ever.
    So thankful for your encouraging words...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr. Westerink, it's always great to read your thoughts on Scripture. There are people here in Calgary that don't even know you but that pray for you, and God hears their prayers.

    You wisely point out the lamb's passivity in death, which is indeed how Jesus died. He suffered abandonment, by his conscious choice to lay down his own life. We can celebrate, though, because if we suffer and die with him, we will also be raised with him. Many people cannot comprehend the value of a life laid down--it is what the Greeks could only see as foolish. But if we suffer and die in faith, we demonstrate that we are like Christ, and this is God's wisdom and power.

    May you and Lena continue to enjoy the fellowship of the Holy Spirit with the church.

    ReplyDelete